Which issues would you like to see Congress and your federal representative address during the next legislative term?
ON THE STREET
Congressional candidate Elise Stefanik met with the Adirondack Park Local Government Review Board on July 30 to discuss issues facing residents within the Blue Line.
As the first woman and youngest person elected to the Clinton County Legislature, I served ten years, including two years as Chairperson.
Announcement ensures a united GOP in run-up to November’s general election
Ending months of speculation, Matt Doheny has endorsed Republican candidate Elise Stefanik in the race for New York's 21st District.
In a swing through the region, Matt Funiciello connected with voters and discussed the three issues underpinning his campaign
GOP candidate for Attorney General visits Lake Placid to discuss issues facing the North Country, including guns, drugs and the Clean Water Act
Elise Stefanik has defeated Matt Doheny by a wide margin, concluding a contentious Republican primary race for the 21st Congressional District seat.
While the Essex County Board of Supervisors has officially voted to pass the former Frontier Town property to the town of North Hudson, obstacles remain.
In an unprecedented maneuver, a powerful political action committee is now injecting cash into a Republican primary race
Three weeks from primary, Matt Doheny is hitting the pavement, one doorbell at a time
With the Republican primary on June 24 just three weeks away, Matt Doheny and Elise Stefanik, met in the state capital for their first televised debate.
June marks the one-year anniversary of First Weekends in Plattsburgh, a grassroots community group formed for the purpose of bringing people to Plattsburgh’s historic downtown business district, and appreciation of the ‘Burgh’s burgeoning art scene.
As the race for New York’s 21st grows increasingly ill-natured, it’s easy to forget that the sprawling district, which encompasses parts of 12 counties and covers some 16,000 square miles, faces real, concrete issues that demand leadership
As the internecine fight between the two Republicans in the race to replace outgoing Congressman Bill Owens heats up, Matt Funiciello steps out
James Calnon, mayor of the City of Plattsburgh, has been appointed to the eight-member Nomination Committee of the New York State Conference of Mayors (NYCOM).
- Opinion: Editorial cartoon
- 'Contact the Editor' Link
- Essex County Board of Supervisors Meeting, Monday, Nov. 7
- Essex County Ways and Means Meeting Oct. 31
- Essex County Board of Supervisors
- NY-21 GOP picks Stefanik
- Gov. Cuomo in Plattsburgh
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- U.S. District Attorneys of Northern NY, VT, NH and ME attend 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks in wake of Irene
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board