A retired Army colonel has announced he will seek the Democratic nomination to challenge U.S. Rep. Elise Stefanik in the 2016 election for the 21st Congressional District seat.
One of four candidates seeking Fourth District judgeship
The Former District Attorney of Essex County has put her hat back into the political ring, announcing a run for state Supreme Court.
Former gubernatorial candidate Zephyr Teachout and members of the Working Families Party are urging U.S. Representative Elise Stefanik to oppose the Trans-Pacific Partnership and Fast Track.
The Town of Plattsburgh Republican Committee announced the candidacy of Vasso LaForest for Plattsburgh Town Supervisor.
The Youth Court program will be accepting applications for new members to be part of a youth justice system.
Candidates for the five Clinton County Legislature seats up for election this year have started to emerge. Republicans, so far, have candidates in three of the five races and Democrats have contenders in all five, including three incumbents.
If passed, Stefanik's Common Sense Waiver Act will allow municipalities to slash some of the red tape surrounding the demolition of unsafe buildings.
Assemblywoman Janet Duprey expressed satisfaction with the passage of legislation (A.7303A) that will delay and reform the controversial teacher evaluations reforms enacted in this year’s budget on May 20.
Chazy Central and NCCS await new election June 16
Every school district in Clinton, Essex and Franklin counties saw successful passage of their budgets except Chazy Central Rural School (CCRS) and Northeastern Clinton Central School (NCCS).
Essex County Board of Supervisors Chairman Randy Douglas will resign to accept an appointment from the governor, he announced this morning.
Design and concrete companies beginning work in May
After 11 years of fundraising and planning, the Saranac Lake SkatePark Committee has reached the final stage of a long push for a park in the heart of the village.
Plattsburgh Town Councilman Michael Cashman announced his candidacy for the office of Plattsburgh Town Supervisor on April 13.
Essex farmer appears on Fred Dicker show
Essex County reached Capital-area airwaves this morning when Essex-based cattle farmer Sandy Lewis appeared on Fred Dicker’s Talk 1300 radio show to discuss a variety of local issues.
Gov. Andrew Cuomo said last week's state’s education reforms will be a bedrock of his legacy. But for one powerful union, they’re a disgraceful sham.
Following the passage of the state budget on Tuesday, New York’s education system is set to implement some of its most dramatic and fundamental reforms in years.
- Opinion: Editorial cartoon
- 'Contact the Editor' Link
- Essex County Board of Supervisors Meeting, Monday, Nov. 7
- Essex County Ways and Means Meeting Oct. 31
- Essex County Board of Supervisors
- Lewis on Fred Dicker
- NY-21 GOP picks Stefanik
- Gov. Cuomo in Plattsburgh
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- U.S. District Attorneys of Northern NY, VT, NH and ME attend 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Governor Andrew Cuomo speaks in wake of Irene
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council