The New York State Department of State (NYSDOS) today announced the availability of federal grants intended to alleviate economic distress and create jobs in local municipalities within New York’s Northern Border Region.
On Saturday, June 8, employees of Glens Falls National Bank and Trust Company’s Plattsburgh Offices donated their time to the Strand Theater.
Rose Letourneau doesn’t think people in Rouses Point should have to drive to Plattsburgh to buy a pair of socks. Letourneau also thinks those same people should have access to affordable, fashionable clothing.
Gioiosa’s Wine and Spirits, Inc. has expanded once again.
But Saranac Lake Mayor Clyde Rabideau wants the world to know that his village, on the fringe of the High Peaks region, has mountains, too. So the village designated six mountains, all within 15 miles of Saranac Lake, as “6ers.”
Visiting Glens Falls, State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli expressed positivism that an economic rebound was underway in the state but he warned that the state and its municipalities were likely to experience continued financial stresses. He also spoke of a new initiative in his office to reinvest in local businesses — in order to spur job growth within the state.
Beginning June 1, the Village of Rouses Point Municipal Electric Department will again make available to residential customers of the system, who have a twelve month clear record with the utility, the opportunity to pay their electric charges by a budget billing arrangement.
Almost 200 people made their way into the main screening room at the Palace Theatre in Lake Placid April 26 to help launch a campaign to keep small town movie cinemas in the Adirondack region alive.
Members of the manufactured and modular housing industries gathered April 17 at an awards luncheon to recognize individuals and companies for outstanding achievements.
The Adirondack North Country Association and local theaters are hosting a kickoff event for the “Go Digital or Go Dark” fundraising campaign Friday, April 26, from 5 to 6:15 p.m. at the Palace Theatre in Lake Placid.
Event tentatively set for July
With the Adirondack whitewater rafting season gaining momentum and the 56th Annual Hudson River Whitewater Derby on tap for May 4-5, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo may soon be making a long-awaited announcement about the Adirondack Challenge. And it looks as though the governor is considering the town of Indian Lake as the headquarters for the Challenge, according to a tentative schedule acquired by the News Enterprise.
Beekmantown High School and Clinton Community College have partnered with ETS, Inc., CITEC and The North Country Workforce Investment Board to pilot IMPACTT
“We want to blast boredom from our children and give them outlets to learn on their own terms in a creative and fun way,” said Imaginarium President Jennifer Meschinelli. “So, we ask our community to help us on this mission to blast boredom.”
Furniture and Décor's grand opening
Attracting young people to the region and keeping them here was more than a talking point at the sixth annual Adirondack Young Professionals Economic Forum. It was a call to action.
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- What is OhSoLocal?
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board
- Adirondack Coast Planning Committee's View