The long slog is over; the United Way of the Adirondack Region announced recently that they have not only met, but surpassed their fund raising goal for 2015, raising a total of $725,413.
The term Biggest Loser brings about a host of mental images: sweat, tears and exhaustion.
Lenny’s Shoe & Apparel has collected over 800 coats and winter accessories for the United Way during their first annual Holiday Coat Drive.
North Country officials say they're optimistic about the region's prospects for landing $500 million in a new competition proposed by Gov. Cuomo.
The Honeybee Community Fund continues to seek applications for its annual funding cycle.
Area community leaders hear about the proposals in Gov. Cuomo's Opportunity Agenda from Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul in her recent visit to Glens Falls — and Hochul along with many of Cuomo's initiatives receive a warm welcome.
Adirondack Foundation, in partnership with the Cloudsplitter Foundation, Chapel Hill Foundation, AdkAction, the Grabe Family Foundation, and the McLanahan Family Fund, is now offering grants to daycare providers in the northern Adirondack region.
At its regular monthly meeting at the Lake Forest Retirement Community Library on Saturday, Jan. 11, People for Positive Action (PfPA) elected a slate of new officers to serve for the coming year.
The Board of Directors of Northern Insuring Agency, Inc announces the promotion of Tammy Bell-Martin to Associate Vice President of the corporation effective Thursday, Jan. 1.
Cornell Cooperative Extension/CCE will offer training to help farmers who will be hiring their first employees in 2015.
Former Congressman Bill Owens takes on a new role: as a director of both Arrow Financial Corp. and Glens Falls National Bank. Arrow Financial has a wide influence in upstate New York — its subsidiaries and affiliates include Saratoga National Bank and insurance providers Loomis & LaPann insurance agency, McPhillips Insurance Agency, Upstate Agency, Capital Financial Group — as well as North Country Investment Advisors.
The United Way of the Adirondack Region announced this week that they have just passed the half-way mark of their fundraising goal for this year’s campaign.
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo announced that Prevost, a division of the Volvo group specializing in touring coach and bus assembly, has opened a new production line in sister company Nova Bus’ expanded Plattsburgh facility.
Key funding for Lake Champlain has been included in the comprehensive budget package passed by Congress last week.
Alice Recore, President and Chief Executive Officer of Mountain Lake PBS for the last 11 years, will be retiring on Dec. 31.
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board
- Adirondack Coast Planning Committee's View
- Adirondack Coast Destination Master Plan