North Country projects funded
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo has announced Empire State Development (ESD) has approved more than $9 million in New York State Broadband Grants to support five projects.
The North Country Chamber of Commerce hosted a standing-room-only crowd of local business people and politicians for their annual New York State Legislative Breakfast Feb. 28.
The North Country Chamber of Commerce unveiled its annual Issue Survey, which among other things measures levels of business confidence, and the numbers this year remain are strong.
Confidence is running high within the City of Plattsburgh’s political apparatus that a deal can be brokered on a city marina project in time to have something in the water by summer, but a major player in the process is pulling out.
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced the launch of a new interactive Adirondack recreation planning tool to promote tourism attractions in the Adirondack Region and spur economic development opportunities.
Those in attendance at a gathering of local chambers of commerce in Westport Jan. 23 got the chance to see a first-of-its-kind app being developed for Lakes to Locks Passages.
The North Country has long had a problem attracting and retaining young professionals into the ranks of its business class.
Miner Institute has been awarded a $330,000 research grant from the United States Department of Agriculture – Natural Resources Conservation Service (USDA-NRCS) and the Lake Champlain Basin Program (LCBP) to monitor surface runoff and tile drainage effluent from two corn fields.
After a successful first year, First Weekends in Plattsburgh is setting its focus on the upcoming summer, and is fund-raising so they can finance these efforts.
Whether it’s brewing a craft IPA in Lake Placid, or scratch-making a French Bechamel sauce at one of the many Northern Tier restaurants he’s worked at over the years, Rob Davis is a self-described foodie, who taught himself to be a chef.
When it comes to sporting equipment for handicapped athletes, there are very few places in the country where you can find an expert in the field. One of those very few places is right here in the North Country.
The Board of Directors of Northern Insuring Agency, Inc has announced the promotion of Jason Bruce to Associate Vice President of the Corporation effective Jan. 1, 2014.
In his State-of-the-State speech Jan. 8, Cuomo proposed a wide array of initiatives — many of them targeting vital upstate issues.
Whether or not you shopped at Target between Thanksgiving and Christmas, these suggestions for credit protection can potentially save consumers thousands of dollars and considerable inconvenience.
Plattsburgh area, and it’s due in equal parts to Chef David Allen’s cooking experience, and his youthful energy and ability to make people feel like they are at home in his restaurant.
- Special Guests Molly Kasriels
- Special Guests Janelle Shepard & Amy DuBois
- Special Guest Trisha Sheehan
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach
- Special Guests Michele Powers & Kristy Kennedy
- Special Guest Capt. Larry Goodman
- Special Guest Chrisanna Golovach Ep. 29
- Special Guest Leigh Mundy Ep. 28
- Special Guest Mike Connolly
- Special Guest Howard Lowe
- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
- United Way of the Adirondack Region Annual Campaign Kickoff Breakfast
- U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder Speaks at the 2011 Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Clinton, Essex and Franklin Co. District Attorneys attend Northern Border Summit in Lake Placid
- Governor Andrew Cuomo announces Route 73 is now open Irene
- Santa's Workshop estimates $150,000 worth in damages
- Cuomo launches the North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Lewis has harsh words for APA board
- Adirondack Coast Planning Committee's View
- Adirondack Coast Destination Master Plan